Learning how to make content is a skill everyone should know.
Millions of people around the world use the Internet to gather information. When someone searches online, they’re seeking information about a product or service and where to find it.
Because of this, strengthening our digital marketing strategies requires us to learn how to create content.
Which, once learned, can become a powerful tool to connect with consumers while driving traffic to social media profiles or websites.
That’s why I’m going to talk about how to make content and some other tips we use when creating our content.
So, let’s get to it!
Why Create Compelling Content
Creating compelling content helps bring your audience to your website and social media platforms.
But, for your content marketing to be efficient, the content needs to be high quality and relevant to your audience’s wants and needs.
Your social media posts should cause people to stop scrolling and read what you have to say.
Whatever content you publish should get your audience to engage back with you, such as liking, sharing, commenting, and bookmarking.
Attracting your desired audience to your social media platforms leads them to additional content. Which should then bring them to more information on your website.
Once they land on your website, the content you’ve published needs to keep your audience engaged. You want to encourage visitors to read more than one page on your site.
Ultimately, the longer you keep your audience engaged on social media or your website, the longer they stay to read and learn more. This then boosts your content in search engine results.
How to Make Content Compelling
Various ways exist to create compelling content for your social media profiles and website.
Please continue reading to learn more about different ways to create unique, branded content to wow your audience, and keep them coming back for more.
One popular method of creating content for social media is the 3-2-1 model.
The model gives you plenty of content to share with your followers. It also keeps them engaged without being overpowering by consistently sharing business-related posts.
The 3-2-1 Content Model Should Include The Following Social Media Posts Per Week:
- Three industry-related pieces of content
- Two pieces of “proud content” that help make your employees and business partners feel good
- One product or service-related post
Using the 3-2-1 rule for creating unique, interesting, and compelling content on social media is just the beginning though.
Your posts and graphics NEED to be attractive and grab your audience’s attention!
Additional Tips To Bring Your Content From Ehh To Wow Include:
- Using headlines to grab the audience’s attention
- Visuals with every post, such as graphs, photos, cartoons, etc.
- Using carousels to showcase multiple visuals in a single post
- Taking advantage of hashtags to guide your audience to similar posts about the same relevant topic
- Create fun, informative videos to share within your content schedule
- Reuse and repurpose previous posts that received a lot of interaction and engagement
- Check what your competitors are posting and determine what similar tactics and posts of theirs you can use for your content calendar
These days, video content has become a dominant force in capturing attention and engaging audiences. With platforms like YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram commanding billions of viewers, creating compelling video content has never been more important.
Here are the key elements and techniques to make your video content truly captivating.
Define the purpose of your video.
Are you aiming to educate, entertain, inspire, or promote a product or service? Understanding your objective will help shape your storytelling and content structure. Keeping your viewers engaged from start to finish.
Decide if you’re making long-form or short-form videos.
Long-form video content can tell more in-depth stories or provide more detailed information about a particular subject. This type of content is great for keeping your audience engaged for longer periods of time, as they become invested in the story you’re telling. The best platform for this type of content is YouTube.
Short-form video content, on the other hand, is great for capturing your audience’s attention quickly and efficiently. This type of content is perfect for social media platforms, where users have shorter attention spans because they’re expecting short-form content.
Have attention-grabbing introductions.
Craft a captivating hook or teaser that entices them to continue watching.
Use visually stunning shots, intriguing questions, or intriguing statements to create a sense of curiosity and draw them into your content.
Engage your viewers emotionally with storytelling techniques.
Storytelling is POWERFUL. Great storytelling will make your audience feel like they’re a part of the story, which keeps them engaged throughout the video. When telling a story, it’s important to provide your audience with a clear beginning, middle, and end. And if you can, speaking in the present tense is a bonus. This will help them follow along and stay invested in the story.
Add visual and sound effects.
These effects can help make your storytelling even more powerful and engaging. You can use things like captions, moving graphics, and text overlays to draw attention to important points or make them more impactful. Adding background music, sound effects, and different voices can also make your videos more immersive and connect with your viewers emotionally.
Making awesome videos is all about practice and learning from your experiences.
Monitor how your videos perform, listen to feedback from your viewers, and look at the numbers to see what works well.
It’s also important to stay in the loop with the latest trends, tricks, and tools so you can keep improving your video-making skills. Each time you create a new video, aim to make it even more captivating than the last.
Remember, it’s all about constantly growing and delivering the best experience possible for your audience.
Once you guide your audience to your website, your goal is to provide them with optimal content that’ll have them reading and returning for more.
We publish 70 million blog posts using WordPress each month.
Meaning you need to write unique content that stands out from the other online content. And there are several ways to raise the quality of your online content, including blog posts on your website.
17 Tips From Other Successful Online Content Creators:
- Create headlines to attract readers and use target keywords or key phrases because 80% of people read stories based on the headline
- Use emotional words in headlines
- Create Top 5 tips and lists
- Address the reader directly
- Know your audience and provide them with the content they’re looking for
- Write content that includes solutions to problems members of your target audience have
- Create content that you can write passionately about while sharing your expertise
- Research keywords your audience searches for
- Use the keywords based on your research as it ties in with your content calendar
- Using your content calendar, research, and expertise to create unique and fascinating content
- Use stats, personal stories, and other fun facts
- Add customer/client reviews
- Write posts or make videos to show how to use your products or services
- Give your audience a view of what behind the scenes looks like at your company
- Provide content that’s informational, inspiring, actionable, and promotional
- Break the page up by using subheadings and bullet points
- Keep your paragraphs short
And once again, remember to use visuals.
Include images, photographs, charts, graphs, or other graphics to enhance the idea of the content.
Join Our Newsletter
Each week you’ll get photography and business tips we don’t immediately publish online.
Creating a Content Strategy Plan
An organized and complete content strategy plan can help you research and write content. Several strategies can help you create a content strategy plan, but your plan should include a few key things, like:
- Content Goals
- Frequency of Posts
- Target Audiences
- List of Graphics
- Places-Platforms to Post
So, before doing anything related to content creation, determine what your end goals are.
Do you want to attract new customers, clients, or employees? Do you want to keep members of your current audience? What do you want your audience to do after reading your content?
Knowing your marketing goals can help you determine what to post, where, and how often to post your content.
And as previously mentioned, you need to determine your target audience. Whenever making content, we need to revisit this step multiple times during the content creation process.
Knowing your target audience gives you the ability to create content that’s tailor fit for them, and they’ll get the most value out of your content.
Types of Online Content
Online content is a valuable tool.
Creating magical online content helps wow your audience. And with so many ways to present this content, there’s no wonder why so many have turned to various forms of online content to brand themselves.
As the Internet expands and we make new websites, online content opportunities have become endless.
Some of the most engaging types of online content currently used by successful marketers who continue to wow their audiences include:
- Blog Posts and Articles: Your website hosts blog posts and articles you write and publish. You can even break them up and share them in smaller content options to drive traffic.
- Reports, eBooks, and White Papers: This type of content allows you to expand on your thoughts and information shared in blog posts. This is valuable for audience members looking for more in-depth expertise and industry knowledge.
- How-To Guides: Similar to eBooks, creating a How-To Guide can offer more in-depth content. This helps those seeking information on performing specific tasks.
- Podcasts: More than 29 million podcast episodes are currently on the airwaves. And it’s becoming an increasingly popular method to gather information while at home, at work, or on the go.
- Email Newsletters: Create a regular newsletter for your brand. It allows your audience to subscribe to your content and receive periodic emails with all the information you want to share.
- Videos: Creating videos is a great option to help create visuals for your online content. Videos offer an opportunity to connect with viewers who prefer to get information visually and not just by reading or listening.
- Infographics: Infographics are great when mixed in with other online content options. For example, blogs, newsletters, or eBooks. But they can also act as standalone pieces of content on social media platforms.
- Social Media Posts: More and more people are flocking to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok, and now Threads. So, those wanting to create online content to wow their audiences should create graphics, posts, images, and videos to share. Social media content that’s exciting and engaging brings awareness to your brand. And it drives more traffic to your website, where audiences can gather more in-depth online content about your business.
- Webinars: Hosting webinars is a way to provide your audience with interesting information. Engage with them and be available to answer their questions during the webinar. Also, webinars offer opportunities to see firsthand what your audience is interested in learning.
How to Attract an Audience to Your Content
Creating online content directs people to your company’s products and services.
But how do you draw your audience to your content? Of course, writing compelling and interesting content is a start. But there are many more things you can do to your content to attract a larger audience.
And mastering Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps you find the keywords your audience is searching for.
Once found, you’ll know how to use them within your online content.
Long-tail keywords are another SEO technique where you use more specific and longer words and phrases in your content. And because your audience knows what they’re looking for, using more complex words helps target those who are searching for them.
As part of your content calendar, create a social media posting calendar and use it strategically.
Make informative posts linked to your longer online content that’s easily shared on social media. That way, you can lure potential audience members to your website.
Then do some email marketing.
Provide value to your readers and build a list of subscribers who sign up for your email newsletters.
Your email newsletters can even include special discounts, free eBooks, a cheat sheet, or other goodies when they sign up. Once people sign up, use this marketing channel to send subscribers updated information, specials, news, and more.
And don’t forget to include your branding and direct them to visit your website or social media profiles.
How to Make Content Stand Out From Others
Everyone is online creating content to share with others.
The excessive amount of online content makes it challenging to create new content that’ll help you stand out from the others.
So, the first thing to do when determining the best way to get your content to stand out is to research your competition.
- What content are they sharing?
- What specials are they offering their audience?
Knowing your direct competition helps you understand what your audience is looking for and an idea of what’s already found online.
But, you do not want to post the same content as your competition. There are several things you can do to help make your content unique and targeted to your brand’s audience.
Some Things You Can Do When Creating Unique Content May Include:
- Adding a unique spin to existing online content to make it your own and specific to your brand.
- Use proper formatting, including The Hook (introduction), Story (what, when, where, how, and why), and the Offer or Call To Action (what you want your audience to do).
- Make your content actionable, which gives your audience actions they can do and engaging information to keep them coming back for more.
- Offer more than the answer your audience is looking for. You can do this by adding your twist to the subject and giving them additional useful information relevant to the content’s topic.
- And once again, break up the content with clear images, graphics, charts, or videos to back up the content’s message.
How to Improve Existing Content
Do you have existing online content that could be doing better or driving more results? That’s okay.
Having non-productive content is better than not having any content to work with.
Take time regularly to review your older content and audit what is and is not attracting your audience. If the content could do better, look it over and see what it’s missing compared to other content that’s getting a lot of traffic.
Check your existing content for spelling errors, structure issues, grammatical errors, and more. Make sure images are clear and directly related to the topic.
Go through existing content, update it, and change it around to make it wow your audience.
And remember, creating online content takes time.
Success won’t happen overnight.
It takes time and can be weeks to months before you see the desired results and benefit from your new online content marketing plan.
Once you get started, remember to track your results as you watch your online content be the marketing driving force you desire.
Whenever You’re Ready, There Are 3 Ways We Can Help You:
1. Content Done Right: A done-for-you system you can follow to create high-quality content and social media posts each week.
2. Photography and Digital Marketing: We’ll take care of your photography, website, and online advertising. So your brand, products, and services look great online.
3. Join 156+ Brands and Business Owners by subscribing to our newsletter. You’ll get the latest resources, guides, and actionable tips to grow and monetize your business.