You want to create quality content pillars that’ll help your brand or business succeed, but you don’t know where to start.
You’re struggling to create content that’s engaging, monetizing, and isn’t a hot mess on your social media.
At the same time, you’re also wondering how to keep up with a consistent posting schedule.
If this sounds like you right now, then the thing you’re missing is content pillars.
Content pillars are the main topics and ideas a content creator uses to keep their content focused, organized, and relevant.
Have you ever gone through someone’s social media feed and their content consisted of family pictures, quotes, selfies, and an occasional promo post of a product they sell?
This is because they were lacking in content pillars: 3-5 main topics relevant to their niche.
Don’t be this person (but if you are, don’t worry we’ll fix that!)
So how do you go about creating them? And once you have them, how do you make sure they’re successful?
Well Let’s Start With The 5 Content Pillar Categories to Choose From:
Choose one of these 5 content pillars when making your next piece of content.
Why You NEED Content Pillars
- Consistency In Your Content
- Consistency In Your Brand Voice
- Build Relationships with Customers
- Increase Social Media Engagement
- Increase Customer Loyalty
- Make More $$$$
“How Do I Create Content Pillars?”
The Short Answer:
- Think of topics and ideas that are important to you AND your target audience.
- Choose your 3-5 content pillars as the categories for your content (listed above)
- Determine which pillar your topics and ideas will fall under
- Create as many subtopics as you’d like
The Long Answer
Step 1: Understand Your Audience
- Figure out who your target audience is.
- Find out which platforms they are using.
- Identify their questions, pain points, and desires.
- What are their hobbies? What is the culture? Personality? Characteristics? Careers?
Step 2: Identify Your Audience’s Most Pressing Needs
- Search for topics on AnswerThePublic.com to get an idea of what competitors are covering in their pillar content.
- Consider what value your content should offer to serve your audience’s needs and pain points.
Step 3: Create Amazing Content
- Once you have identified your content pillars and your audience’s pain points, create a detailed plan outlining all the content you want to produce over time.
- Use keywords for each piece of content
- Make a posting/publishing schedule
- Create amazing pieces of content!
Bonus Strategy: How To Find Content Pillars for Instagram
Search for specific hashtags and other content creators relevant to your niche or industry. Take note of the most popular users and posts using those hashtags.
Occasionally use these hashtags under your posts. This will help you get an idea of who is already talking about or related to your niche.
Pro Tip: The usage of hashtags is going in the direction of keywords which are phrases of 3-6 words That people search. Keep this in mind when you’re adding hashtags you want people to find you under. And here’s a hint – #fyp #ForYouPage aren’t keywords.
Use the insights and analytics to see information about the people who are following you, including age, gender, location, and interests.
This can help you identify trends among your followers and figure out who your target audience might be.
Look at the people who like and comment on your posts. See if there are any patterns among them in terms of demographics or interests.
Use Instagram Stories to reach out to followers and potential followers with interactive content.
Ask questions, run polls, or give people a behind-the-scenes look at your work or personal life.
You’re able to use these tips for other platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, and YouTube. They give you the opportunity to view your data and analytics in some way, shape, or form. Sometimes a business account is needed to view more information.
Hopefully, you found these tips helpful!
And if you need a bit more help on your content strategy, click here for a 1-on-1 Strategy Call.